There will be a gate clinic from 0930 to 1000 on the practice hill TUESDAY to go over delays, hairpins and flushes.
Message from the President03/29/2020
Today is a sad day!!!! We should all be on our way to beautiful Crested Butte and the final week of the season. Year end awards for clubs and individuals was to be settled on the race courses. KJ and I was to battle for the top 2 spots in the A men’s overall, AA ski club was going to receive the top spot in three club competitions, NAASF Cup, Bob Powers Cup and the new Shredders Cup. Na Stewart was to receive the well deserved Spirit of NAASF award, congratulations Na!!! Instead we live in uncertainty, not knowing what will happen and how soon this will be over and things return to what will be a “new normal”. We are still exploring ways that the 2020 season can be closed out with a third race week, the question is when. There are a few options and ideas that will be explored, but at this point I feel we need to wait and see what the fallout of our situation will be and then firm up a plan. In the meantime everything is on hold. Hang in there and stay safe and healthy. We will get through this. Are Johnsen NAASF President
Dale Norway Order02/04/2020
Na will be putting in. Dale sweater order in next week. Please go to the website to look at styles (approx 50% off of listed price). Send Na the size and style you would like at [email protected] yahoo.com. Once she has the exact total, she will email you with total and paypal instructions.
Crested Butte update03/17/2020
As this situation unfolds and as the link below indicates, we will not be going to Crested Butte. For those of you that has paid for lodging, Crested Butte should issue a full refund. Either call reservations or use the link in the article below. I have not cancelled the 3 ski week yet, for the simple reason that we are still exploring all possibilities and has some ideas that are being worked as I write this. I’m not going to share any details yet, simply because we don’t know what is going to happen. What we do know is that we won’t be going to Crested Butte and if we are able to come up with a viable alternative I doubt that it will fall under the dates that we previously expected. The reason I mention that is CO, CA and NV has limited gatherings of 10+ people, UT with 100+ people. That locks us out of most resorts for the next 14 days or so. The result is we need to be flexible for the dates if a resort decides to open late and can host us. In the meantime, please know that we are not sitting idle but exploring any and all possibilities. Please stay safe and healthy. Are Johnsen NAASF President https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.com/news/local/vail-resorts-closing-for-the-season-due-to-the-coronavirus/amp/
New Website look01/30/2020
A special thank you to Kelly Hammett of RAA for the new look of our website. She put a lot of work into putting together the colors and overall look of the website.
A message from the President03/14/2020
As we have all witnessed these last 2 days, the COVID19 situation is extremely fluid. Vail Resorts, as well as Alterra Mountain Company (Steamboat’s owner) decided to suspend operations from March 15 through March 22. At that time they will re-evaluate the rest of the season. I realize that’s only a week before Crested Butte starts on March 29. At this point we have NOT cancelled our week. After discussions among your NAASF leadership, we decided the best course at this point is to wait and see what the resorts decision will be. If they re-start operations after March 22, the week will go as planned. Should they decide to shut down then all lodging payments will be refunded. We are exploring alternatives, Steamboat was one, and while Jim Tullos was in touch with them, they made the same announcement. If CBMR decides not to reopen and we are unable to find alternatives to host us, I will cancel the last ski week. In the meantime please be patient and rest assured we haven’t given up and we are working on it. Are Johnsen NAASF President
In light of many questions in relation to the COVID-19 and how it would affect our Crested Butte ski week I’d like to let you all know that NO plans exist to cancel the week. The only thing that may change that is if the resort or the state of Colorado decides to limit large gatherings. Personally I have booked my room, rental car and flights and look forward to a great week of skiing and parties to round out the season. As of this writing we have 112 registered. I you are planning on attending, please register to show the resort that we are coming in force. Are Johnsen NAASF President
North American Airline Ski Federation (NAASF) is an organization comprised of Teams or Clubs from virtually all of the airlines in North American (American, Delta, United, Fedex, Southwest, NetJet, Skywest, etc). These Teams/Clubs are comprised of airline employees/retirees and their families. NAASF currently sanctions three ski weeks each season at a variety of resorts around North America where the member Team/Clubs compete in Snowboard and Ski Racing, Partying, and Free Skiing.
Who Attends Ski Weeks?
Those that want to race have the opportunity, but those that don't are welcome to come cheer for your favorite team or just enjoy the mountain at your own pace. All of the NAASF Weeks are "Family Friendly". The evening parties are "adult" entertainment, but families are welcome to ski, race, and enjoy the week. Baby sitting services are available in most resorts so the adults can join in the evening activities.
Message from the President
Dale Norway Order
Crested Butte update
New Website look
A message from the President